Prescott Valley Republican Women
2023 Educational or Trade School Grant Application
Prescott Valley Republican Women will award a $1000.00 one-year higher Educational or Trade School Grant, to be applied toward the cost of tuition, fees, and books at a public or private university, college, or accredited trade school.
Recipient will be announced at our June 7th meeting. Payment will be made directly to the school following enrollment. This scholarship is to be awarded to a student attending a Prescott Valley High School.
Eligibility Student must be a full-time high school senior attending a Prescott Valley High School. Student must have applied to and will attend an accredited public or private university college, or accredited trade school after high school graduation. Requirements:
* A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
* Student must plan to attend a public or private university, college, or accredited trade school after high school graduation.
* Student must answer one of the essay questions.
* Student must complete the application.
* Finalist will be interviewed by Scholarship Committee members.
* Deadline for submission to Prescott Valley Republican Women is April 28th, 2023 Selection of Scholarship Recipient Prescott Valley Republican Women Scholarship Committee will review all applications and select the $1000 scholarship winner.
Winner will be notified by phone or email the week before the June 1 meeting so that they can prepare to receive their scholarship award at the 11:30 AM luncheon at Redwoods Grill @ Prescott Golf Club, June 7, 2023.
The scholarships will not be based on financial need but on the quality of the application, written essay, and interview. Along with the completed application, the student must also submit:
* Official school transcript with SAT or ACT test scores (or both).
* Three (3) letters of recommendation, one of which must be from a school counselor or a teacher. No relatives.
* Verification of acceptance to a public or private university, college, or accredited trade school.